When last we left this little blog I was in the very depths of despair. I couldn't seem to knit anything right and I was extremely frustrated. Since that post- some things have changed.
1) Baby naps and goes to bed earlier now! OMG yay! My little big guy is napping in the afternoons and going to bed earlier and mommy now has an hour or two to knit everyday, I can't even tell you how happy I am about this development. (Bonus he's a MUCH happier camper now too.)
2) I went to knit night on Tuesday and with the support of my knitting "moms" I ripped Nebula back to the heel. When I began knitting it again I discovered my error. I skipped a whole increase section! No wonder I was missing so many stitches! And so... without further ado- I give you NEBULA!
Pattern: Nebula by Cookie A.
Yarn: Wollmeise Sockenwolle 80/20 Twin in "Aquarius"
Needle: 2.75 mm (I always have to knit at least a size bigger for Cookie socks as I tend to get very tight gauge)
Thoughts: OMG this was a challenge. The number of starts and finishes on the second sock was the most demoralizing experience of my life. This is NOT the pattern writer's fault... it's entirely the knitter... who should have paid closer attention. (If I had a dollar for every time I've had to admit that I would be very, VERY wealthy.)
I personally think by the way these turned out that they worth every ounce of pain and suffering I put into them. They are gorgeous. They may have a destiny this summer... we'll see.
Just OH... I can't stop admiring them from all angles!
3) I decided to give myself a little break from the "knitting agenda" I have been following and the rest of March is for working on my little Maui Fling sock... so far she's coming along beautifully.
So fear not faithful readers things are slowly, but surely getting back on track for knitting successes and FINISHES. Coming up in April, I pull the blanket out of it's hiding place and begin working it's way to a finish as well.