Good News! Grandpa's socks are seeing some progress! I've got one sock done in 5 days, (I finished yesterday)- good progress for a girl who was starting to think this project was cursed to sit in an unfinished project pile, simply because I could not BEAR to rip them back one more time. Hopefully sock #2 will go even faster- given that I've sussed out the major problems in #1.
**Sharp eyes will note that this sock picture iside out. I did this on PURPOSE, so that the full awesomeness of the pattern will not be revealed until BOTH socks are ready for their close ups!** (I need something to keep you coming back... )
Bad News... I had to dip into the second skein to finish the 1st sock. That means I'm going to have to buy another skein to finish the 2nd sock. What kills me is that I only needed 16 rows worth of yarn on the toes to finish-- which is barely anything, meaning I'm going to have a lot of leftovers. (Although truthfully- I may have a plan for the leftovers already so all may not be lost.) I'd hate to see good Koigu (*slobber*) go to waste.
I'm still hoping to finish these by next week and to eek out a pair for grandma- keep your fingers crossed!