It has been since I last bought yarn!

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Socks For Grandma!

Pretty aren't they? The socks for Grandma are finally done and, if I do say so myself, they look pretty awesome.

Pattern: Stansfield 304 from More Sensational Knit Socks
Yarn: Koigu (slobber)
Needles: US Size 2
Thoughts: I will admit that the foot for these socks are a bit big, although I'm going on the assumption that grandma's feet are going to be bigger than mine so it won't be a problem, but if I was knitting them for myself again, I'd probably modify the pattern to make the foot smaller.

The pattern was fun and different and in general, these were very pleasant to knit. I don't have much to say... so enjoy the new! exciting! socks! in all their finished glory! (That was quick huh?)

4 comments:

eusebius said...

The variegation gives the curves in the pattern a rainbow effect! Gorgeous ...

Dame Wendy said...

Lucky Grandma! Those are beautiful. :)

Beth said...

Very, very nice. I'm making the Embossed Diamonds pattern from that book and am loving them. Extremely well fitting! Well done.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Those look great! I just got that book and it was one of the patterns that I really liked! Grandma is one lucky lady!