It has been since I last bought yarn!

Monday, July 20, 2009

Slow and Steady Wins the Race

As I've discussed here on many occaisons, I always have a project in my purse, for those last minute "oh my god I have time to knit" or "I need to calm down so I don't hurt people" or "must.touch.yarn" moments I find myself in. (You would not believe how often I find myself with the sudden urge to touch yarn, I must be truely obsessed.)

Sadly- purse socks, while highly useful in keeping me sane, are also SLOW going progress wise. It doesn't normally take me four months to make 2 socks!! But every once in a while, and as the perfect analogy of "slow and steady wins the race", you cast the socks off and are offerred repreive from your boredom. And just in time!

Viola- Purse Socks #2 off the needles, and on the model! (Thanks to the husband for lending his legs for this lovely photo shoot. I'm kind of mean, I made him wear thick wool socks on a very warm day... but only for a few minutes!)

IMG_6070

Pattern: Mr. Pitt's Socks by Kaityln Wong
Yarn: Patons Kroy in "Coal" (2.5 skeins)
Needles: US 1 or 2.5 mm
Notes: I RAN OUT OF YARN. I only had two skeins and I ran out near the time when it came to do the toe decreases. I sucked up my pride and bought another skein, in an entirely different dye lot, and wonder of wonders... YOU DON'T SEE THE DIFFERENCE! Oh happy day!!

They aren't flashy, they aren't bold- but they're practical, and warm and I can think of one man who's going to have warm feet come this winter. (HI DAD!)

IMG_6078

They're good socks really. A simple knit but with a sophisticated finish. I'm quite proud of myself really.

**Although I'm super happy I can knit something else now!**

No comments: