It has been since I last bought yarn!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Catching Up to 2011!

Whew... that was a long time between blog posts! Sorry about that folks- we were in the coldest place on the planet (or so it seemed) for New Years, (Regina), and then immediately after we hopped on a plane to warm up in Maui for a week. Since I'm not particularly keen on advertising my holidays on the blog- you were left with some prolonged radio silence. BUT... never fear! New year, and there's lot to share! (And yes, potential house robbers WE ARE HOME NOW... sorry to disappoint. I know you're eyeing up my Wollmeise stash!)

WHERE to start? Let's start on something easy, Dishcloths.

I've been knitting these dishcloths several weekday mornings, while I "patiently" wait for my husband, who is usually about 10 minutes behind me in the morning. Instead of nagging him to "HURRY IT UP"- I've been knitting these. Simple, easy, and easy to pick up or put down that doesn't require much in the way of thinking. There will be more of these in the new year- although I've made quite a dent in my dishcloth cotton stash... which I suppose was the point.

IMG_7846

Pattern: Ballband Dishcloth (Made famous everywhere, but mostly in Mason Dixon Knitting. I've linked to a free pattern though, that is the same thing.)
Yarn: Lily Sugar and Cream Cotton- (which I seem to have a decent stash of)
Needles: US size 7
Notes: I LOVE THIS PATTERN. It's easy to remember and to knit and the results are always smashing. These will be for my baby sister, who desperately needs to replace the old ones I made her.

Oh but that's not all friends! Before the new year was out I finished the Cashmere Therapy shawl. It is beautiful. It is soft and it is heavenly and OH I couldn't be more happy with it.

IMG_7882

Pattern: #24 Lace Stole by Erica Schlueter (Vogue Knitting Early Fall 2010)
Yarn: JoJoland Cashmere- 2 skeins So SOFT- I just want to smush my face in it ALL the time.

IMG_7903

Needles: US 9 for the cast on, cast off and US 4 for the pattern
Notes: So simple. It's a great pattern to try out lace knitting and not get overwhelmed.
Listened To: Luncheon of the Boating Party by Susan Vreeland, Super Sad True Love Story by Gary Schteyngart and Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green

IMG_7885

I also squeezed in a little time to keep working on the insufferably adorable Willie Sweater.

IMG_8000

AND started a new 2011 project, Pointelle, from Cookie A's new book.

IMG_8005

Speaking of Cookie A's new book... guess what I got for Christmas this year?

IMG_7995

Once again, family members have out done themelve in the SPOIL department and I am flush with lots of inspiration, knitting needles AND Loopy Ewe gift Certificates. I can't wait to dig in and try out my Addi Clicks! Also... did I mention that I got the new Cookie A book, Knit. Sock. Love.? Did I also mention that MiL had it SIGNED for me? NO?

IMG_7998

That was pretty awesome. My parents and my sister also helped round out my collection of Vogue Knitting books- that I always look to when I'm in need of inspiration.

WHOOPS- almost forgot to tell you I hit the Boxing Day Yarn Sale again this year at Pudding! A usual, had a great time with my fellow yarn salers, and walked away with some yarn for a new baby due in April. (It. Never. Ends.)

IMG_7826

10 skeins of Rowan RYC Cotton Jeans in "Batik". (Yeah 75% off!!)

So yes, you could say I'm pretty set for 2011. I'll try and do a stash photo shoot sometime this month so we can look ahead and start planning projects for the new year. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

******

Also- there's going to be changes on this here blog for the next little while. MiL & FiL also got me a book on google blogger and I will hopefully be able to burn through that and pick up some tips to make this thing a little more "me".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back Jen, missed your blog!