It has been since I last bought yarn!

Monday, April 9, 2007

Easter Miracle

As mentioned yesterday, I finally finished two items that have been haunting my guilty conscience for some time.
A) Dad's Socks:
Pattern: Boyfriend Sock (Which I modified)
Yarn: Baby Ull (Grey 0007)
Needles: US size 2
Pictured above are the socks lying down- below are the socks on, where you can really see the pattern and how nicely it expands.
The problem I've encountered here is that I knit these really tightly. (It's a problem I'm trying to resolve.) Like reeeeeeeeeally tightly- and while I'm certain they'll fit my dad's foot, I have concerns about the legs fitting. I'm hoping that he still has skinny man legs. (Don't work out your legs dad!)

Thoughts on the yarn- this yarn was kind of "meh" for me. Perhaps it was the grey color, but I just got bored with it. I could see myself enjoying a fair isle project with this yarn though- and so I might attempt a Dale of Norway ski hat down the line, but that's a while off.

B) Baby Blanket
Pattern: Filatura Di Crosa...Baby...bebe...bambini Blanket #6
Yarn: Lion Brand Baby Soft in Twinkle Print
Needles: US size 6
Dimentions: 31" wide by 40" long
Thoughts on the Pattern: **WARNING** (mostly to my Mother-in-law who also has this book) there is a pattern correction that you need to note on the website before you begin to knit this- or you are not going to get the pattern right. However, once this pattern started knitting up, it went really fast... when I was actually knitting it. It's the perfect little project if you want to whip up a baby blanket pronto. (Although it does curl a bit, so be sure to knit it with something that will actually block flat.

Thoughts on the Yarn: ugh. Ugh about sums it up. I usually knit blankets with Bernat Baby Softee, but I thought I'd try the Lion Brand. Bernat's Baby Softee is much, much, much MUCH softer. M.U.C.H. The blanket isn't as soft as I'd like it to be- but it's not exactly sandpaper either.

**Stay tuned tomorrow, where I finally come to terms with the stash

1 comment:

eusebius said...

Gorgeous work on both projects!!