It has been since I last bought yarn!

Friday, December 24, 2010

'Twas the Night Before Christmas...

'Twas the day before Christmas and all through the house,
not a creature was stirring, not even my spouse.
The presents were wrapped and all the chores equaled none,
it was time to sit down and get a blog done!
Somehow, despite all the distractions this week,
I got in some knitting and thought I'd give you a peek.
It's a Cashmere shawl! And it's off the needle!

IMG_7799

Now to block over the holiday, if MiL's blocking board I can wheedle!
But that isn't it, there's more, keep on sittin'
For I even finished a cute pair of mittens!

IMG_7779

Where did I find the time for this? I don't really know,
But I woke up one morning with progress to show!
If that wasn't enough, there was even more,
Even the white blanket isn't as much of a snore!
Just a few border rows left to pick up and knit,
And before New Years I should be finished with it!

IMG_7815

And because I needed a project that was easy to carry,
I cast on a sweater I love so much I might marry!
Everyone, meet Willie, and isn't it cute?
A friend's litte girl, I think it will suit!

IMG_7811

I'm just using stash yarn to knit this one up,
And I'm so completely charmed by that cute little pup!
I've got some time off now, so I expect much more to see.
Perhaps I will even start something for me!
Now to do yarn "research" for the boxing day sale,
Missing yarn at a discount would make any knitter wail!
So back to my knitting, with relaxing in sight!
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!

****************************************************************

IMG_7794

Mitten Details:
Pattern: Fletcher Mittens by Amy Swenson
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden (worsted) 292 and 264
Needles: US size 6
Listening To: Super Sad True Love Story by Gary Shyteyngart
Notes: The pattern was great and easy to follow- it's a good download I'd recommend it to anyone. However I HATED the yarn. HATED it. The colors are lovely, and it compliments the pattern perfectly, but it kept breaking and ripping and I had so many ends to weave in at the end I was completly in full HATE mode for the yarn. BOOOOOO NORO. (What I don't get it is that so many people love that yarn and I can't for the life of me figure out why. I will not be buying Noro again!)

4 comments:

Taki J said...

Everything looks great, love your poem. Have a great holiday.

Anonymous said...

I love all the projects. Willie is just soooo cute. MIL

Anonymous said...

Hee, sweet poem!

Happy Holidays!

ivyjteo said...

Great work to be proud of, love your poem. Have a great holiday.