It has been since I last bought yarn!

Monday, April 27, 2009

Dishcloths for Grandma

As I mentioned in my last blog post, I noticed that my grandmother's homemade dishcloths were falling apart and she needed a few new ones. Truthfully I doubt she needs my help, she's quite an accomplished knitter on her own- but I thought it might be a nice "thank you" gift if I sent her a couple. (And okay, it was a perfect opportunity to start busting the immense amounts of crafter cotton I somehow have!) And so, I took a brief pause in my frantic blanket knitting... and knit some dishclothes.

#1- Young Love

IMG_5770

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! It's just SO CUTE!

Pattern: Young Love Dishcloth by Rachel van Schie
Yarn: Lily Sugar'n Cream Cotton in "Sunshine"
Needle: US size 6
Pattern Thoughts: Grandma is going to love this- it's just so adorable! The pattern really pops on this so there are no worries about her seeing what it is. The pattern author was excellent- I would definately make more of her patterns!

#2 & #3 - BALLBANDS! Is there any knitter ot there that doesn't love this pattern?

IMG_5773

Pattern: Ballband Dishcloth as published in Mason Dixon Knitting
Yarn: Lily Sugar'n Cream Cotton in "Sunshine", "Cornflower", "Country Twists" and "Rose Twists"
Needle: US size 7
Pattern Thoughts: I love making these! I love mixing the colors and I'm always pleased with the way they turn out.

Hopefully Grandma will like her little care package I'm sending her. Would you be happy opening this up?

IMG_5785

The dishcloth distraction was much needed- but now I need to get back to the task at hand- baby blankets. I need to get the recent blanket off the needles this weekend so I can cast on the green blanket. Remember when I stopped knitting blankets except for "really good friends"? Well- apparently all my good friends met up and decided to all get pregnant at the same tim for this fall. YEESH there are so many baby blankets to knit- IT. IS. STAGGERING. If reading a blog that features mostly baby blankets is your idea of purgatory- you may want to look away this summer. :-)

4 comments:

AnneB. said...

The young love one always makes me want to knit dishclothes!

Knitting Alchemist said...

That Young Love is adorable! You always knit the most awesome things...

Anonymous said...

The young love dishcloths are adorable...Gramma will love them!
Mom

Topacio said...

Wow! I love the Young Love pattern, and now I am going to ravelry to add it to my queue. It came out lovely, and I really like your pictures. I tend to lose stitch definition when I take pictures of dishcloths, but your pics look great!