It has been since I last bought yarn!

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

28thirty - 2 Ages I'm Not Anymore

I've been on a finishing roll this month! Behold- another project off the needles!

IMG_5830
(Um... yah... I hate having my picture taken.)

Pattern: 28thirty by Zephyr Style
Yarn: Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed in "Brindle" (Purchsed at Pudding Yarn in Calgary)
Needles: US 8
Notes: This project should have been finished close to a month ago... it was off the needles and blocked, the only thing stopping me was being short 1 button, which I picked up on Saturday. What I love about this project is that the collar can be worn two ways- popped high (shown above), or turned down (shown below). In general I love top-down construction and this sweater was very well written and very easy. So simple, I would knit this again.

IMG_5832

I've already had the chance to wear this sweater in public (yay cold weather?) and what I'm most satisfied about it is that it doesn't (at least in my mind) look homemade. I was a little disappointed that the sweater pulls in between the buttons, next time I'd knit a lit extra into the bust (that's A LOT coming from a card carrying member of the "itty bitty titty committee"). In general I'm very satisfied with what I've done here- so kudo's to me!

IMG_5840

I spent a small fortune on these buttons... so I felt it best to show them off a little- I think they bring an added dimension to the project and I'm glad I didn't spare the expense.

In blanket update news- I've decided to just submit the blanket as it is, and stop being so wound up. I spoke to someone who has submitted items before and she encouraged me to submit and let it go. So, that's what I'm doing- full speed ahead. I had hoped to be close to casting off the blanket this weekend- but we ended up being more social and it didn't provide a lot of blanket knitting time. Thankfully I have the day off today and I'll get back on the progress rails. Wouldn't it be great to have another finished item next week!? (If I can finish this blanet before May I would be in good shape to get all the blankets finished this summer...)

Back to the knitting!

5 comments:

Susie said...

The sweater is adorable, the buttons perfect and you look beautiful in it!

Anne B. said...

Super cute little sweater, and today is a perfect sweater wearing day. Damn it. It will be interesting to see how heavily they judge stuff at the Stampede, and whether you get comments about why they chose the garishly coloured afghan over your pretty blanket. Not that that will happen (no never...)

Sandy said...

Love it! Now I want to cast on my 28thirty. I have the yarn, just not the buttons.

Christie said...

Super cute! I love a great cropped sweater! And the buttons, a perfect choice! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Great cropped sweater...the buttons were a perfect choice to complete an already cute look!

Mom