It has been since I last bought yarn!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Uncle

Sometimes you just need to leave well enough alone.

The football blanket has been done for weeks. Ends woven in, blocked to a lovely degree of flatness and just sitting here. I mentioned here that I wasn't happy with the size of the blanket, it turning out to be smaller than the usual blankets I make. But, after looking at this for weeks and not being able to marry the idea of adding on a border to this blanket, I've decided to cry "Uncle" on the whole project and leave well enough alone.

IMG_0125

SO- Football blanket is DONE. (It also helps that I have met wee Zachary and he is such a tiny little man I do not think he or his mama are going to take issue with the blanket measuring at 26" tall.)

IMG_0130

Pattern: I adapted Lisa Vienneau's football pattern and decided to go with simple blue squares. The "Z" is my own graph handy work.
Yarn: Berrocco Comfort Solids & Heathers in "Blue" (9707) and "Brown" (9720) {purchased locally at Gina Brown's!}
Needles: I wanna say US 8's, but I can't be certain, I didn't write it down! (But I did use my lovely, LOVELY Addi Turbo Clicks needles. Which I cannot say enough positive things about.)
Listened To: "A Reliable Wife" by Robert Goolrick (which I HATED.... so depressing) and "Looking For Alaska" by John Green (which I really liked).

The footballs- look like footballs:

IMG_0131

The "Z" looks like a Z (although careful to self, because on the wrong angle is also looks like a good "N")

IMG_0132

And the Blue squares of happy, simple stocking stitch- well they look right too.

IMG_0133

Finito!

Progress on the rainbow blanket also continues a break neck pace.

IMG_0134

This too, will be shorter than I'd like, but only because I do not have enough color leftovers to do another repeat. I'm hoping by the end of this week- this will be on the blocking board too, and up for show and tell in the next blog post. I'm loving this blanket a lot, it's a show stopper, but I'm ready for something new! and! exciting! to cast on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the "Rainbow of Happiness"! It is so bright and cheerful. MIL

Robin said...

I'm glad you are happy with the blanket. I love it just the way it is.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you posting with the football and Rainbow of Happiness afghans. They both are so gorgeous. Good Job Jen!
Debbie1085