It has been since I last bought yarn!

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Do You Have A Favorite?

After the massive argument I had with knitting last week, you'd think I'd break up with my beloved hobby, but you'd be wrong. Thankfully, shortly after my post the issues began resolving.

Firstly, Webs yarn store was VERY gracious and helpful and wanted to rectify my issue very quickly.. Even though I was past their 60 day return policy they took my yarn back and offered to pay my shipping out to them. That? Is good customer service and I am very greatful that they admitted that it was their error and they wanted to fix it. So everybody- shop at WEBS... okay? (Also shop at the Loopy Ewe they are the gold standard in customer service....)

I also finished the baby sweater I've had sitting around here for the last month.

IMG_7022

Pattern: Baby Poonam by Norah Gaughn
Yarn: Knit Picks Comfy Sport in "ivory" (left over from Baby Beef blanket)
Needles: US 4 (ribbing) and US 6 (body & sleeves)
Notes: This turned out really cute, and I very much liked the idea of the buttons at one side of the neck, making the neck opening bigger. (Very practical) However, this pattern was not great to work with. There's a discrepancy in the measurements on the schematic and the pattern itself. (I followed the schematic.) I knit to gauge and things didn't line up properly. This pattern would be very challenging for a beginner or someone not familiar with basic sweater construction. Cute results, but kind of a pain to knit!

Other than that- it's mostly works in progress (wips) around here.

The current baby blanket that feels like it's never going to end is on panel 7 and I think I will knit one more before I consider it close to finished and ready to block.

IMG_7009

Since there isn't much more exciting to say about the current blanket- I thought I'd discuss a couple of past blankets and get your input on them. I have three blankets on Ravelry that inter-change as being my most popular project with other knitters.


006


IMG_2276

So, I thought I'd ask- What's your favorite?


*sigh* back to knitting the current blanket. Who knows- maybe this is going to be the new favorite project?! (If I ever finish it!)

2 comments:

Anne B. said...

I don't know, there is a stiff competition among your various baby blankets about which is the best one!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, you're making us choose? Harsh!