It has been since I last bought yarn!

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Tilted Duster DUSTED!

The Tilted Duster is done! DONE!


I LOVE it!!

Pattern: Tilted Duster from the fall issue of Interweave Knits!

Yarn: Cascade Eco Plus

Needles: US size 10 (6 mm for you Canadians)

Pattern Thoughts: This was a pretty good pattern to knit- always keeping it remotely interesting. The top portions and sleeves knit up so quickly but then you really needed to commit some time to knitting to churn out the bottom. The yarn blocked BEAUTIFULLY- I could not have been happier. You do need something to block well so that the bottom will lie flat.

I wore the "duster" to work yesterday- to show off my latest creation and I was thrilled with the response. Several people complimented me on it- without even knowing I'd knit it. This is the first sweater I've knit that I'm 100% confident wearing and really proud of the final product. It's warm and cozy and the yarn does tend to get a little scratchy when I wear it. (But nothing I can't handle.)

My only complaint about the Duster, and something to keep in mind if I ever knit it again- I'd knit a size bigger sleeves. They fit very snugly and well- but I can't wear a long sleeve shirt under it comfortably. (It can be done, but not seamlessly.) But, it's a small complaint because in general, I love the way it fits, giving the illusion of a slim waitline. Have I said I love the sweater enough yet? Because I do- so much!

In other news- here's a sneak peek at the newest baby blanket I'm making for a baby due in January. I'm not convinced on the color choice- I'll be honest, but MiL assures me it's cute. I'm hoping that it's suitabl for a boy or a girl-- but I still feel like I need some convincing. Hopefully as progress is made I will become more convinced.

4 comments:

Thea said...

looks great! Just got the yarn for mine....

Jo028 said...

Your tilted duster looks amazing. I love the colour & it fits you so well :). The blanket colours do work together IMO!

Batty said...

It's beautiful! I actually like the fitted sleeves (though I understand your complaint about not being able to wear anything under them). The color is beautiful on you, and the fit is amazing.

Theresa said...

That's the first titled duster I've seen finished, and it looks great. Congrats!