It has been since I last bought yarn!

Monday, May 7, 2007

Let's Talk About Sox

Pattern: My Own Design (which, if there's interest, I'll post)
Yarn: Main Color: Claudia's Hand Painted, Pink Color: Koigu KPPM
Needles: US Size 2

Well... they're finally done! The Candy Necklace Socks (my very first original design) are finally off the needles and if I do say so myself- they are awesome! The yarn I used reminded me of candy, specifically found on the necklaces we used to devour as kids... hence their name. I included a small cable running down the side to mimic the look of the candy "o's" that loop around your neck.

*CAUTION* do not look too closely at my legs... there may be hairs- and you don't need those scars! I'm not quite sure why- but in the photo above they don't look the same length... even though they are... I SWEAR.

Look how cute my feet look in them! LOOK! I find when it comes to knitting socks, I prefer a simple look to the pattern- nothing that's so complicated that it takes away from the actual "warming your feet" part... which I'm sure we can all agree is the reason we make socks in the first place. Hence, I usually shy away from lacey socks- and this one is perfect for me- both pretty and delicate in their look.

As I've mentioned several times over the time I knit these, the yarnS were both DREAMY to knit with. The sproigy-ness they provide is a knitters dream, and their warm and light all at the same time.

The design process, once I worked it out and knew what I was doing, was actually pretty easy- and I'm definately looking forward to designing my next sock-- especially since I have more Koigu burning a hole in my stash-- although I'm also very distracted by a tonne of other patterns out there also.

SO MANY PATTERNS... so little time!

5 comments:

Bufanditas said...

Very cute indeed!!! I'd love a copy of your pattern!

Anonymous said...

Agreed. Very cute. I don't go for pink, but these I would wear.

A Crafty Lawyer said...

Cute - I like the way you added just a bit of patterning.

jsmith19 said...

I would LOVE a copy of your pattern! I've been looking for a pattern for my more verigated yarns thats mostly stockingette but a little interesting too, and these would be PERFECT!

Criosa said...

oh, those are awesome! and you're right - definitely reminds me of the candy necklaces.