It has been since I last bought yarn!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

White Blanket

IMG_8031

It's done! It's done! It's done! Say hello to the white blanket. (Which was technically done (blocked) on Jan 16, but I'm finally getting around to telling you about it!)

IMG_8079

Pattern: Baby Blanket by Sirdar Spinning Ltd (1600)
Yarn: Knit Picks Comfy Sport in white
Needles: US 6
Notes: Pretty simple pattern, but quite pretty results. This definately benefits from the border, which just completes the overall look of the project.
Listening To: Replay by Ken Grimwood

Getting this blanket off the needles freed me up to work on some new stuff. Firstly, the football blanket is well under way and moving along progress wise.

IMG_8066

It's probably not going to be as large as the blankets I regularly make, but I still think it's going to be cozy and cute. And just knowing that I'll be able to finish it in reasonable time, has helped move me along. Oddly enough I'm really inspired to knit other blankets right now, (WHAT!? I know... I don't get it either), so getting this out the door will allow me to move onto another project. There is, afterall, another baby due in April.

In other project news, a few ladies in my Knit Wits group have entered a "Hat Pact" where we've committed ourselves to knitting one hat a month. It's a change from my hat a week project that I didn't participate in last year but I felt that one hat a month was certainly something I could maintain and would get me back into the volunteer ring at Rockeyview hospital. SO, with that in mind- meet the January hat.

IMG_8072

Other than that- since the knitting on the football blanket is rather mundane (but cute all the same) my brain had begun brainstorming on ideas for my Stampede entry this year. I have a few ideas in mind, and we'll see how that pans out as my time frees up after the blanket. I need to get this blanket out of the way before I can really allow myself time to daydream what's next.

2 comments:

christy said...

The football blanket is adorable!

Anonymous said...

The football afghan is so cute. How many stitches is it in a row?
May I ask where you obtained the football pattern? I like it better than the other ones I have seen.
Debbie