It has been since I last bought yarn!

Friday, June 19, 2009

I Made A Cute!

2 weeks ago I thought I had maxed out on "cute" with this website Here. (No, seriously, go to this website- the cuteness is nearly too much to handle.) HOWEVER, that was before I made this...

004

Pattern: Honey Bunny by Yvonne Boucher
Yarn: Bunny: Bernat Satin in "Camel" dress/panties in spare Bernat Satin kicking around my stash
Needles Size: US size 3 and US size 6
Notes: The only thing I'd change about this pattern is the dress- it's just too big for the bunny, at least the way I knit it. If I were to do it again (and I will most likely!), I would knit a smaller skirt with less stitches.

Isn't she cute?! I've shown her to everyone because I can't stop squealing about how adorable she is. Oh wait... you haven't see the best part.

014

Look at those little panties and that little pom pom tail!! Who would have ever thought that I'd be so charmed by a little pair of bunny panties- but they are so cute they're irresistable! GAH! How am I going to give this little sweetheart away?

The good news is that I don't have to say goodbye too soon. This little bunny, (which in case you haven't guessed by now was the "mystery project"), is intended for a little girl who's expecting a little sister at the end of the summer. I thought she'd like to have a little present too, since her sister will be getting a whole lot of extra attention and *sigh* a blanket.

Speaking of blankets- I had hoped to tell you that I had finished up half way this weekend, but I hit a snag in my knitting plans on Thursday night.

007

Do you see the blue stitch markers on this picture? That marks where I realized that I had made a mistake. All of the knitting after the blue stitch markers? I ripped it out. Every. Last. Stitch. Yeah- I ripped out a lot of work. I don't want to talk about it just yet. Let's just say it hurt me to watch- but ultimately it would have hurt me more to keep going, knowing it was there and knowing it was wrong. (DAMN YOU PERFECTIONISM!) There needs to be a lot of knitting done this weekend to make up for this boo boo... I hope it doesn't set me too far back on the "blanket schedule". (I'm aiming for a 2nd week in July finish- think I can do it?)

Also, in "We're Taking Over the World One Knitter At A Time" news... I taught my mother to knit again on Wed. She's working on the knit and purl stitches and getting them down just right. She's going to need a lot of convincing that knitting isn't too much more than that right there, (she doesn't believe me), but if she manages to finish up her "practice" scarf- I'll post a pic of it here so you can all tell her to keep trying it. Knitting ability isn't an "overnight" achievement- but it she sticks with it, I bet she'll find it addicting. Who knows- maybe my cute little bunny friend will have a new friend by the end of the summer!?

No comments: