It has been since I last bought yarn!

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Loose Ends

I've been slow on the knitting progress this week. I had hoped to come here and show you my cute swatch for the next blanket, or perhaps a finished sock and some hats. But alas, our upcoming European adventure requires attention and despite my desire to pick up the needles I have to put having a hotel to sleep in ahead of knitting a few rows. (Bed is only very slightly ahead of knitting.)

That's not to say I haven't been working on stuff- I thought I'd use this post to catch you up on what I've managed to squeeze in amongst gasping at European hotel prices. First up- is my portion on my first WCOBB blanket. Behold... I give you the "quail" cable pattern.

IMG_6171

I'm not going to say much about this blanket- mostly because the color palette is kind of paining me to talk about. WCOBB is about helping OTHER people and doing something very nice and kind hearted. It is not about "colors that Jen likes to knit with", as you can probably tell. The blanket's theme is "Butternut" and I decided the cable pattern I chose made me think of nuts. I do look forward to working on another blanket however- and will let you know when I'm knitting for it again.

I also eeked out some progress on the purse sock last weekend when I was in Saskatoon, (*cough buying yarn*), and here it is in all of it's glory. (I'm hoping this sock has a passport, because it's about to see a lot more of the world soon!)

IMG_6179

That's a cute looking Monkey sock. And so SOFT! Can't wait to wear these little babies around my house in the winter!

And glory of glory- I also finally got my Knitpicks shipment for baby blanket #8 billion that I have to cast on. The cream color is a little darker than I would have liked, but I do think it's going to make some cute and soft teddy bears!

IMG_6167

Aside from a little more "stash enhancement"- I wanted to share some exciting news with you. (Although I'm so stupid because I should have taken PHOTOGRAPHIC evidence.) My mom finished her first scarf and she still wants to keep knitting. She knit the whole thing! I'm so proud. Go mom! I promise to take photos next time I'm over there. She's already diving into a sweater project next, now that I WILL photograph! (FYI MiL she might be calling you for help when you get home... you've been warned. :-0)

Must dash- it's now time to gasp at restaurant prices and late reservation times. Not to mention making the agonizing decision WHAT TO TAKE WITH ME on he big trip. (And research local yarn shops!)

No comments: