It has been since I last bought yarn!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

If At First You Don't Succeed...

I put this project in a time out over December- and then, kept using the yarn order, (that was quite late), as my excuse not to pick up the needles and try again. I then got the late yarn order and still couldn't get myself to frog the old blanket and begin again.

But, then, the husband watched Batman Begins one Saturday afternoon- and it all changed.

At one point in the movie Alfred asks Bruce Wayne (Batman) "Why do we fall?" and Bruce dutifully responds "So we can get back up" and I felt like the universe was sending me a message.

Why do we fall? So we can get back up.


IMG_6680

We've been here before, however there are a few key changes:

1) The color is a vast improvement for a little girl. Pink and purple and GIRLIE. I feel 90% better about this blanket based on the change in colors.
2) I figured out where I went wrong.

I sat down and I looked long and hard at that palm tree pattern. I matched things- and I was still coming up short. I then decided to ask Lisa at DigKnitty if she could send me a chart. Lisa came through in a heartbeat and sent the chart instantly. (Have I mentioned how awesome she is? Let's get back to that. BUY FROM LISA!) The chart made it all make sense and I figured out where I was going wrong! I even figured out that I had made a drastic error transposing the square next to the palm tree too! SO, feeling a lot more confident, I am ready to accept the challenge to move past this project.

So hang on to your hats... here we go again!

2 comments:

Ariane said...

Hi!
I love your blog! I have a question : what is the name of the gadget for your WIPs in the right column?
Thanks!
And it's always a pleasure to read you!

Unknown said...

Glad to see you are back on track! It looks wonderful.Will continue to read your blog while away. Sure it will be finished in no time!