It has been since I last bought yarn!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Son of a....

Alternate Blog Title: How Don Music Saved the Night

%^#*(&@(*%(*@**#*%(#*@*&^$!)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SO ANGRY AT MYSELF RIGHT NOW. SO ANGRY.

Determined to finish the sock by the end of day tomorrow I stayed up and I knit like a little fiend. I got all the way down to the start of the toe decreases. I figured I could probably squeeze in the final 18 rows tomorrow and then VIOLA... sock.

No Viola. No sock.

There are an uneven number of bottom of the foot stitches (16 one side, 17 the other). I decided to count right at the end to make sure that I had 33 top of the foot stitches since it's easy to fudge if you're missing a stitch for some reason. I'm not missing A stitch. I am missing EIGHT stitches. I had 25 stitches. 25 stitches!!!!! HOW DID I DO THAT?

I immediately emailed MiL in a torrent of fury at myself. Like really- how could I do this? And more importantly where!? How many rows do I have to go back?! After much thinking and muttering and okay, (sorry Puritans), CURSING, I think I know where I have gone array. Somewhere around the middle of the foot, at the cable decreases. It is going to kill me and pain me in every way imaginable to tink back row by row until I get back to a position where I am right again. Oh god just thinking about it makes me want to curl up in a ball and weep.

Venting at my MiL wasn't enough, I decided to also tweet my anguish. Remember that muppet on Sesame Street who used to bang his head on the piano when he made a mistake? That is what I wanted to do. I was worried that no one would remember the, in my humble opinion, GREATEST MUPPET SKETCH EVER, so I decided to link it up to youtube.

And dammit- watching "Don Music" screw up and bang his head on the piano made me feel better. In moments I was laughing. Please, do yourself a favor today and enjoy Don in all of his brilliance, because without Don I'd still be in a corner weeping.


Apparently Sesame Street had to stop airing this sketch because too many children were emmulating Don on the piano and hurting themselves. (This in itself makes me giggle... because I'm a little bit sick that way.)

Is fixing this going to hurt? Yes. A rather lot. But I think I'll download some of Don's greatest hits to watch while I plow through. Thank you Don. Thank you Jim Henson- 30 some odd years later your stuff can still take a really crappy moment and make it better.

4 comments:

danoface said...

Just scrolled up to find the birth day. Handsome guy, congratulations. Nice baby blankets too!

Marx said...

These articles are fantastic, The information you show us is interesting for everybody and is really good written, very informative. It’s just nice! continue posting. Thanks!

Marx of beachfront properties in the philippines

webdesign Philippines said...

Read a lot of blogs specially interesting ones like your blog, Good post! I accidentally found your site on the internet, I am going to be coming back here yet again.Love Information Is Beautiful. Keep posting.

Lanie

Website Designer Philippines said...

These articles are fantastic, The information you show us is interesting for everybody and is really good written, very informative. It’s just nice! continue posting. Thanks!


- nina