It has been since I last bought yarn!

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Eggs-cellent

Things were looking pretty dire earlier this week.  While on the phone chatting with my husband, I was admiring the work I'd accomplished on Baby Dots when something wasn't right.

IMG_1347 

Do you see it?

How about now?

IMG_1347

The problem with being a perfectionist knitter is that this error, while small, WOULD NOT BE OKAY with me.  I would look at the overall project and only ever see where I screwed it up.  I love this blanket, an error was just unacceptable as far as I was concerned.  And so I frogged back... days of work, nap times, utterly wasted.  It breaks my heart to rip out work, it's just so demoralizing!

The best thing to do when you have to frog work is immediately try and regain some ground... get your self back on the horse so to speak.  And so I got back to work and over various nap times I was able to get past where I had made the mistake.

Today when I was looking at the blanket I got to wondering just how much progress I had made since my last post.

IMG_1349 

OH HELLO 29 inches!  5 inches of progress from last time.  YEAH.  I will try not to think about how much further I would have been without screwing up, (or I just obsessed about it for 20 minutes... whatever) and keep the course steady.

I love this pattern and the results are lovely, but I'll be honest- I'm ready for something new.  The pattern is easy (although apparently not idiot proof....) and I'm ready for something new and bit more challenging.  I won't think about the next challenge though.... time to just focus on the task at hand and get that done first.

Happy Easter hope you're seeing some "eggs-cellent" progress on your needles too.

No comments: