It has been since I last bought yarn!

Friday, September 9, 2016

Frenzied Fall

Listen, I'm loathe to call it fall outside until I see actual evidence of leaves changing colors and falling off trees... but um... it's happening here.  (Barely "summer" and Calgary gets one of the fastest onsets of fall... *sigh*.)

Untitled
(STOP!  TOO SOON!  TOO SOON!)

In the last two nights I've snuggled into my cozy pants with a warm cup of tea, curled into the couch and finally gotten back into the rhythem of knitting again.  This September has had a whole bunch of BIG firsts that I've been distracted for and preparing for and we're finally settling into our new routine.

Firsts you say?  Two family members in our house had their FIRST birthdays and are officially not longer considered "kittens".

Untitled Untitled
The sheer hatred for the hats in these photos make me laugh and laugh

Also a BIG first... someone had his first day of Kindergarten.

Untitled

Kindergarten is Tuesday and Thursdays FULL days with some Friday mornings.  (yay!  FOUND KNITTING TIME!) Tuesday was overwhelming but he handled it well.  Thursday we had a few tears at drop off but I picked up the happiest, most excited kid AFTER school and I was so glad that he was loving it.  Hoping we can keep that level of happiness up and sustained for the whole year!

Since I could finally relax that he's feeling relaxed, I was also able to get back at the knitting.

Untitled

2 hats were added to the pile and are looking much more like they're supposed to.

Untitled

I also cast on and began knitting another acrylic blanket because I need to whittle that stash away.

AND... now that school is actually started and we've counted 2 teachers and 2 aides in Parker's class... I need to start getting "my mitten on" if I don't want Christmas to be a disasterous stress situation.  I have a pattern picked up out and the color scheme ready... I'll likely cast it on next week!

I've also decided that during Parker's music classes this year I will take my sock to knit.  (Mom's sit outside- and do not get to participate now.)  So hopefully the little travel sock will see faster progress than it usually does.

No comments: