It has been since I last bought yarn!

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Stampede Yahoo!

Well- I've only been talking about it for months, so I had to eventually own up to it. This year I entered Nennie's Knee Socks and the Green Leaf Baby blanket in the Calgary Stampede Western Showcase. I even convinced the MiL to enter her knitting too at the last minute. And to say our first year entering was a success would be an understatement! We both did really well!

Coming in Third place in the "Knitting-Open" category (Class 1033)- my Green Leaf Blanket!

004

Coming in Second place in the "Knitting-Open" category (Class 1001)- MiL's Green Socks!

IMG_6060

And very surprisingly, coming in FIRST place in the "Knitting" category (Class 1002) and placing SECOND in the SECTION (HOLY CRAP!!!!!)- The Knee Socks!

007

We're both so excited!! Congratulations to all the other winners at Stampede- your stuff is beautiful!

I should also mention that MiL entered a very very cute little baby sweater- and although it wasn't a ribbon winner, it sure was cute so of course I'm posting it here. (Trying to tell me something MiL? ;-))

IMG_6061

Making the big wins even more exciting and special, our little monthly knitting group, the "Knit Wits" made a point of going down to see the prizes in person and as a group. We've all been knitting together for nearly 2 years. It's such a supportive, creative and strong group of ladies, I'm so very lucky that they welcomed me into their knitting flock. It was only fitting to take a photo! (missing 2- missed your Rhonda and Sylvia!)

IMG_6064

(From L-R: Robin, My Mom (Shirley), Me, MiL (Phyllis), Nancy & Mary) (You'll notice Robin presented both MiL and I with "Stampede Necklaces" to wear in honor of our wins!)

Next year ladies-- I expect you all to enter!!! (And yes mom, you too... I know you're new, but keep it up, you'll be amazed at your progress! We've all made big strides in the last 2 years knitting together!)

All there really is left to say is YAHOO! (And see you next year at the Stampede!)

5 comments:

Dame Wendy said...

That's WONDERFUL!!! Congrats lady. :)

Anne B. said...

Congratulations everyone!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jen...and Phyllis too!!! Your work is beautiful!!! It was fun to knit and "Stampede" together!
Mom

Heather said...

That is so fantastic! Congratulations!

auntyk said...

That's wonderful! Keep it up!!!