It has been since I last bought yarn!

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Golden Moment

It's another GOLD MEDAL (our second) for CANADA!  My Ravellenic project is complete!

IMG_1687

Pattern: Paris Mittens by Andrea Arbour
Yarn: Knit Picks Bare Superwash (cream) and Regia Classic 4 Ply (beige)
Needles: US 2.5 (3.00 mm)
FINISHED: Aug 10, 5:30 pm!
Notes: FAB pattern.  I tend to knit stranded mittens tightly.  (I'm working on this...) So a needle size up (or 2) is usually the right call for me.  I knit the "large" version" and would do that again- fits lovely in the hands.  I will admit the thumbs are a little longer than I'd like, but in general they fit pretty well.  I adapted the cast off differently and will at some point make those notes on the Ravelry page.

IMG_1700

I've noticed a lot of improvement in my stranded knitting (despite still knitting too tightly)- and the stitches, especially after blocking, evened out beautifully.  I can't wait to wear these in the winter.  (BUT I CAN, wait for winter... :-D)

IMG_1679

If you missed any updates, or want to see my daily progress on this project you can click here and see my re-live my Olympic glory.

Oddly enough, finishing these mittens, I immediately cast on another pair.  I was SO satisfied with my results I wanted MORE.  Plus, I'm sort of going through a "MUST KNIT ALL THE MITTENS IN THE WORLD" thing right now... so I couldn't resist.  Brace yourselves, because I am possessed by a mitten demon at the moment.

yarma

Say hello to my "victory lap" fingerless mitts, "Fightin' Words".  I have a friend who I think will get a kick out of these.

ALSO- before I forget and never post about it- prior to the Olympics I finished the Cupcake set!

IMG_1645

Patterns: All Buttoned Up No Sew Raglan Cardigan (Sharon Mooney), Saartje's Booties (Saartje de Bruijn), Teensie Weensie Mittens (Sarah Abbot), Easy Peasy Newborn Sock Hat, (Keri McKiernan)
Yarn: Shepherd Baby Wool 4 Ply colorway 4504  (2 balls)
Needles: Sweater US 3, Booties US 1.5, Mittens US 1, Hat US 2.5
Thoughts: I love all of these patterns!  Combining them together makes SUCH a cute little baby set for a little girl.  This is all "newborn size" so the next person to tell me they're having a little girl, I shall foist this on them!

And now I must walk in the Olympic stadium one last time, wave to the other Ravathletes and cherish my gold Parisian Triumph!

No comments: