It has been since I last bought yarn!

Friday, February 22, 2013

The Highest Compliment Ever

I was knitting on my latest baby blanket this afternoon and after a row, I took a pause to check my email.  I noticed that a friend of mine, who I don't get to talk to all that often, left me a note.


Cat Steeleposted toJennifer Johnson
Today was 'Show and Tell' day at Scarlette's pre-school and she INSISTED on bringing the red heart blanket you knitted for her when she was born. She is still in love with it :)


I don't think it can get any better than that.  Can it?  Because honestly I am downright flattered and feeling all the FEELS because something that I enjoyed knitting is still loved by someone I hoped would love it.  This simple little comment MADE. MY. DAY.  Maybe even MY WEEK.  Possibly even my YEAR.  It meant so much that her little one still loves it.

The blanket in question?  This one.

IMG_5794

Whenever I gift a blanket I regularly get extremely flattering comments and kind thank you's in return.  But in most cases the recipient tends to live far away from me and I don't know if they really liked the blanket or if they're being polite.  Do they use it?  Did I pick out something that was "just right" for them?  (I don't think people realize how much effort I put into to finding a blanket that I think might suit the parent's taste.)  Also, down the road does the blanket get used?

I do know the fate of some of my blankets, the "Little Beef" blanket is in shreds, loved to pieces by the little one I made it for.  (Torn to shreds = loved = still feel really good that the kid liked it... even if they wrecked it.)  The Pink Insanity Blanket, Moving Mountains and The Leaf blanket have all been in the professional "newborn photoshoot" pics I get, which is also insanely flattering to me.  And even the Diamond Cable Blanket, which damn near BROKE me, received high compliments from the couple it was sent to, who sent a note to say they had been looking for something in stores for exactly what I knit them for the baby's room.

Needless to say, I'll be flying high on that compliment for awhile and I HAD to share.  And because I thought you might be interested... here we are at 17", beginning ball 6/9 on my current project!

Untitled

Happy Friday Everyone!

No comments: