It has been since I last bought yarn!

Sunday, May 13, 2007

As Promised

Okay... so it's not the sock pattern-- I'm hoping to eek that out soon, time has just been very, VERY scarce... I'm lucky I have time to post this.

First off- to both my mom's- HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY... I sent cards.... I hope you got them, if not... you will.

I've been promising pictures of my sweater design for a while now- and time is just permitting now. The picture is old, as there is a lot more of the sweater on the needles, but below is a shot of my sweater pattern design and the yarn "in action". The picture isn't great, but as you can probably see, I've designed a wrap sweater, only instead of having ties to close it up, I want to do a wrap with buttons to keep it in place

Progress is slow, and I will admit I'm suffering from a little knitting burn out, so I haven't been as "hard core" on the needles as of late, but I blame the busy schedule and the nice weather on that.

The pattern design progress has been a little frustrating. I've got two classes left in NYC, and she's already suggested that I scan pictures of my pattern and email her with questions so that she can help me move along on the work. I love the instructor of my class, but I feel like her teaching style is a little all over the place and we haven't even begun to scratch the surface of the things that she told us we'd be learning. I'm disappointed and very concerned that I won't get a whole sweater pattern out of this- but I'm going to think positively.

Knitting posts may be a little scarce in the next two weeks- the husband and I are going on a much deserved vacation next week and the week after is the husband's graduation from school- knitting time = zero. Not to worry though- I will be back. (And yes, that is a threat.)

No comments: