It has been since I last bought yarn!

Monday, September 29, 2014

It's a Start....

Last time I told you I was feeling a little overwhelmed by the possibility of WHAT I could make.  There were so many options.  I couldn't really focus and decide what I wanted to do.  I'm still in that state a little.  Every day new whims come on and I'm like "I'M GOING TO CAST THAT ON RIGHT NOW"- and then I don't.  I don't know why- I just can't seem to commit to a project, so I think I just need to keep the projects small and cute and not overwhelming.

I decided to knit Mittens.  Mittens are apparently my kryptonite.

Truthfully my big boy has had a little bumpy pre-school adjustment.  We're slowing getting better, but I tell ya, his teachers are SAINTS.  And despite all of the tears, I do know he really likes them.  In fact last Thursday he wanted to invite one of them over for dinner so she'd keep playing with him.  :-)  One of Parker's teachers is pregnant and due in January, and so I'll give her a blanket.  (I have a HUGE pile of un-gifted blankets that I'm just going to start handing out like crazy and get that space back.)  But his other teacher, the one who I think is the designated "crying kid" teacher, I want to give her something special too.  She's been so great.

SO- I'm making her mittens.

I cast these on and very quickly they grew.

Untitled

Untitled

Now- the first mitten is cast off and I'm ready to cast on mitten #2 already!  It's amazing how fast mittens knit up when you aren't designing them.

I'm already thinking MORE mittens and maybe a hat for my kiddo.... but I'm full of ideas and we'll see what I actually commit to next.  It's both exciting and a little overwhelming to have such knitterly freedom!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are going to be beautiful. She will love them.

Rebecca Mongrain said...

This is gorgeous!

Debbie1085 said...

You have the tendency to make lovely things regardless what it is. Blankets, mittens and all that stuff! May I ask what pattern you are using for the mitten? It's gorgeous!