It has been since I last bought yarn!

Friday, June 7, 2013

Closing in on the Finish Line

 I'm just going to say it.  Weaving in ends is the bain of my existence.  I like the knitting part, even when it can be excruciatingly painful, but gah, weaving in ends is just so... so... I don't even have the adjective to tell you how much I don't enjoy it.

We started here:

IMG_2193

I wove in the blues:

IMG_2198

Then I wove in the greens:

Untitled

And finally the oranges:

Untitled

THEN- I had a G I G A N T I C glass of wine.  GIGANTIC.  (Waiting to do whites last, a) for my sanity and b) because it might come in handy to tack other parts on after.)

I also knit most of the fiddly parts.  (Anyone know how pom poms wash in a washing machine?  ANNE... looking at your knowledge on this particularly.)

Untitled

Next up is blocking the blanket and pieces, which will happen this Sunday or Monday.  And then... THEN, OMG- more sewing and likely more ends to weave in.  *enormous sigh*

BUT, trying to look on the positive side, we're close.  SO. CLOSE.  It's going to happen for Stampede.  It is.  So I guess, memo to self, enter that this week.

Oh yah... since I'm down a blocking board until late this weekend, I also knit June's hat... kinda cute huh?  (Also half way through July's hat too- woo!)

Untitled

It's going to be a big party when this baby is considered "FINISHED"- we will celebrate.  I promise you that.

3 comments:

Lulu said...

so lovely..love the hat also

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, wouldn't trust pompoms in the wash! Good luck! Looks good. Anne

Unknown said...

Poms are awful in the wash. Don't do it.