It has been since I last bought yarn!

Monday, December 9, 2013

The Grinch Who Knit at Christmas

Every Knitter,
Down in Knitville
Liked Christmas a lot....

But the Grinch
(Who lived just south of Downtown Calgary)
Did not.

The Grinch hated Christmas!  The whole Christmas season!
Come to think of it, I think I might know a few of the reasons.
It might be the parties, there were too many to mention!
Or the fact that her Christmas Shopping was giving her great tension.
It could be the toddler, or the knitting she decided to pick,
Or it could be she woke up this morning with a sore throat feeling ick.

But,
Whatever the reason,
The toddler, the time, the shopping jitters
She stood there on Christmas, envying the knitters.
Staring down from her needles, with a sour grinchy frown
She could care less about Santa coming to town.
For every knitter but her seemed to be enjoying their knits
While the Grinch felt her projects giving her fits.

"They're knitting fun stockings!" she snarled with a sneer!
"They don't have to worry about Christmas being practically here!"
Then she growled with her Grinch fingers, nervously drumming
"I must find a way to keep Christmas from coming!"
For she knew...

All the knit girls and boys
Get to wake up bright and early and knit their fun project flings
While I'm still knitting the same mystery dull things!
Their time is in spades and it comes good and plenty
And I'm trouble, I need an extra hour or TWENTY.

And then the knitters get to pull nice yarns out of their stash
While I'm wondering if I can forgo sleep and not crash!
My yarn's running out on a project or two
And the stress of not enough yarn is making me feel blue.

AND THEN,
Those knitters do something I like least of all,
They add cool things to their Ravelry queues and I think "I CAN KNIT IT ALL!"
My thoughts about parties, shopping, baking, and toddlers diminish
And before you know it none of my projects for Christmas I'll finish.

The more the Grinch pondered this brutal season
She began to seriously question her ability to reason.
Why for 20 some days I've put up with this now!
I must stop Christmas from coming... BUT HOW?

........

Or maybe I'll just blog instead....

Untitled

............
To recap: projects are still in progress but time is not my friend these days.  Keep sending Christmas knitting mojo- I need it!





No comments: