It has been since I last bought yarn!

Friday, February 14, 2014

Sochi Knitter

Well, progress is progress- it's somewhat hard to see that I'm progressing and I'm really over this pattern.  (Typical pattern ennui.)

 It's a little hard to feel like this is Olympic knitting, because when I knit, the Olympics are airing repeats, as most of the events of the day have already happened and I know the results.  I usually knit in the afternoons and evenings when my little "big guy" is sleeping.  I really haven't actually watched any Olympics and knit at the same time.

I've been really proud of Canada so far- we've done really well.  Although, there's a little part of me would like us to pick up the medal winning pace again.  ;-)  Hopefully we'll add another medal today in figure skating.  NO PRESSURE Patrick Chan.... except.... PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE.

I really regret not noting how far I was prior to the Olympics on this blanket.  But Progress is being made.

Here's BEFORE the start....

Untitled

Earlier this week.....

Untitled

And Yesterday....

Untitled

I'm at about 22" into this project.  I started with 6 balls of yarn to work through, and am down to 3.5 remaining.  I'm working at a decent pace but will need to continue knitting furiously if I hope to have a gold medal finish.

You can keep updated on my progress at this link, which gets updated earlier than this blog.  (Sorry- need to knit frequently, so updates are going to be brief.)

GO CANADA GO!


1 comment:

Rebecca Mongrain said...

This is just gorgeous and makes me want to knit one myself. In fact, I think I shall!