It has been since I last bought yarn!

Thursday, April 30, 2015

In the Thick Of It

And now, it's that time in the projects where you're just in the thick of it, chipping away at your project row by row.  There isn't much to say when you're in the thick of it, you're just busy knitting.  You're not at the start anymore, but you're not where near the end either and and so I'll let do the pictures do the talking for me.

On the blanket, the first color pattern is down.

Untitled

Purple is my favorite color so I'm so glad the general consensus on this was to do it in purples.  It looks cute and girly but it's also a refreshing change from pastel pink.  I've made a rule that I must weave in the ends after each 4 stripes of color, otherwise I'm going to be crying at the end with the amound of ends to weave in.  (There will be many)  The pattern is quite simple and this should knit up reasonably fast.  (And so far, it has proven to be excellent playoff knitting because I'm paying a lot more attention to the game than the actual knitting.  GO FLAMES.)

My mystery project is also trucking along in it's "meaty" stage.

Untitled

I guess I can reveal that it's another set of mittens since that is fairly obvious now.  I'll try to keep the pictures vague but OH MAN I'm excited about seeing it take shape.  I keep worrying about the placement of the thumb and the length of the hand, but I've already told myself I'm well enough ahead on this project that ripping it back will not be the end of the world.  (BUT OH MY would it ever suck.)

So there you have it- there isn't much to say since there's a lot more to do.  My May goal is to finish the mittens and get well into the blanket.  Let's see what happens.

No comments: