It has been since I last bought yarn!

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Snail's Pace

Who am I kidding?  There are all kinds of things distracting me from knitting this month!

This year's Halloween costume has just EATEN time.  Don't get me wrong- I have out-done myself on Halloween this year.  My kid has a COOL costume and I'm willing to admit it took a LOT out of me- but it's well worth it.  The results are nothing short of spectacular.  (Pics on Halloween- you gotta wait!)

I can't decide on what to do about my son's birthday party and the greater my indecision the LESS time I seem to have to plan it.  There's also other things going on that just haven't given me enough time to just sit down and knit.

That's not to say there isn't progress- it's just not at the rate that I would normally like to see.

MITTENS ARE DONE!

Untitled

Pattern: Newgrange Mittens by Kat Lewinski
Yarn: Lang Yarns Bebe in "Navy Blue" (discontinued) and Little Knits Sockulent "11" (red)
Needles: 1.5 mm
Notes: I probably could have gone up a half needle size and been slightly happier about the size.  These range on the skinny side, but I think they still work.  (Thank god for blocking!)

Untitled Untitled

Untitled

I am so relieved to have both teacher mittens done for school this year.  That was the "big one" to get out of the way and I'm greatful that it's no longer hanging over my head.  AND- the knitting on the "to do" list is quite "easy" from here on out... so at least there's that.  Simple knitting it always the way to go when there's other things distracting you from getting stuff done.

The socks have seen a little progress too- in fact it's nearing the toe on the first one!  Yay!

Untitled

I also decided to break away from making progress on the socks to get the hat started.  I wonder if this mama might go early (I always say that... and the recipient of the last set is now over due... haha) so I need to get this litte project done.

Untitled

Progress is slow, but steady around here.  Once I get on the other side of Halloween and birthday parties, I'll hopefully have 15 days or so of productivity before I panic about Christmas.  (EEEK CHRISTMAS!)  

No comments: