It has been since I last bought yarn!

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

February Follies

It's been another busy week here at Chateau Nennie, a lot of starts and stops and truthfully, frustration.

Let's start with the good... another finished Baby Bootie/Hat Set.  This time for my neighbor who's daughter is expecting a baby mid Feb.  This is grandbaby #1 and she was so excited she told us at like week 8... knowing we don't know her daughter and couldn't tell anyone else.  Thankfully all went well and baby is very nearly due.

Untitled

Pattern: Booties- Cable Cuff Booties by Caroline Brook
              Hat- Cabled Teddy Hat by Marinda Lariz
Yarn: Knit Picks Comfy Sport (stash down!) in white
Needles: Booties- US 5 and Hat- US 6
Notes: I've knit this so often you've heard all I have to say on them- but I knit them regularly for a reason.  The results are smashing and highly satisfying and the mama is always happy with them.

Untitled

I've already moved into the last 2 remaining sets.  The hat was already knit but I've also begun on the booties.  I'd like to finish this set up this week and gift to Mama by Monday next week if at all possible.  (Should be.)

I also got the chance to rescue a friend who had a knit-related crisis.  (She is not a knitter and as I far as she professes, not really all that crafty...)

Untitled 

I told her I should be able to help her out and a quick assessment and picking up the stitches later- I was able to assess the damage.  (not that bad at all)

Untitled

Picking up the stitches, getting the right number of stiches knit together again and a quick finish off the top and this hat is ready to party.

Untitled

SEEEEEEEE NON KNITTERS!?  You'll never know when you're crazy friend that knits all the time will come in handy!!

Now for the bad.  And it's ugly.

The blanket is gah.... the blanket is slowly sucking my desire to even knit.

Untitled

I liked the swatch (last week) and figured out the right number of stitches and set to knitting.  All of this took me the better part of a DAY that I essentially wasted getting it right.  A DAY of childfree distractions.  (Which just feels SO wasteful...)

I got about 50 rows in and it just became straight up apparent that it wasn't working.  The pattern doesn't show up that well.  Don't let the picture deceive you- it actually shows up well in a photo for some reason, but seeing the blanket in real life you lose the pattern and it just didn't look right.

Untitled

And so- I frogged it.  *sobs*  I kept the cast on because I figure whatever I'll do will be mosaic-y and I'll likely be within the number of stiches give or take a few.  The length, after I pulled it off the needles, was good so I at least know where I need to be.  (Although I'm considering going up a needle size...)

Untitled

Truthfully, as of this writing, I'm not sure what I'll knit.  I'm still stubbornly holding on to this "knit the same pattern reversed" idea that maybe I just need to break free of... for my own sanity.  I'm heavily leaning to "Baby Bricks" which I have done a lot.  (A LOT)

What sucks is that this blanket is holding me up.  I'm stressed.  Babies are due in March and I'm already likely going to be sending them late.  I need to gear up, get myself sorted and SET TO KNITTING.  I also am apparently going to need to scientifically figure out a way to slow down time and to sneak in a million extra stitches.

So that's where I'm at this week gentle reader... I'm sort of lost in the woods on what to do and where to go from here.  If any of you have any inspirations- PLEASE SHARE THEM... I'm feeling a little lost.

No comments: