It has been since I last bought yarn!

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Forge Ahead

Last blog post I left rather up in the air.  Uncertain what I was going to knit and living with the panic that these twins were going to show up and I wasn't going to be ready.  Knitting shouldn't be stressful but it is.  I have a LOT I want to get knit before June 25 this year and I'm not certain how I'm going to find the time to squeeze it all in.  Gentle reader I will spare you the suspense... I got it sorted.

Untitled

Some looking around on Ravelry and I found my solution... right under my nose.  Pattern is "Mosaic Blanket" and delightfully simple to knit and looks smashing.  I'm sure when I knit it's clone in opposite colors I'm going to screw up a few thousand times mixing up the colors from this knit, but it's knitting along beautifully and fast.  I'm at 14" already.

Untitled

I also got the monkey off my back and finished up the second last baby set, mostly because mom to be is looking more and more like she's going to need it soon.

Untitled

Pattern: Cable Teddy Hat by Marinda Lariz & Cable Cuff Booties by Caroline Brooke
Yarn: Mission Falls 136 Merino Superwash (discontinued- but man have I gotten use out of that yarn in my stash... and it's ALL GONE now.)
Needles: US 6 for Hat and US 5 for Boots
Notes: WHY HAVE YOU NOT KNIT THESE PATTERNS YET?  (I'm fully willing to admit I might be getting just a little sick of these... ONE MORE TO GO.)

Untitled Untitled

I'm in the thick of blanket knitting now.  It's going fast.  REALLY fast and I'm hoping to go into the long weekend with 20".  Here's the short term Feb goal: finish blanket #1 and be at least 10" into blanket #2.  Also, finish the final baby hat/booties set.

I can do this.  I just need to focus.  And get back to knitting.  I'll keep you posted!

No comments: