It has been since I last bought yarn!

Thursday, June 16, 2016

You Have GOT to be Kidding Me

I'm just going to admit it- I have a serious, SERIOUS case of "second mitten syndrome" and I just. don't. want. to. knit. it.  I just don't.  Given this serious case of ennui, the only thing I could think of doing to motivate myself accross the finish line was to enter it in the Stampede and force myself to get there.  So, feeling confident on a finish I hit "enter" and went ahead.

I was feeling pretty good the other night as I was knitting the last row of the thumb stitches before I take them off and go back to just knitting the hand.  I was getting closer to the finish line and then I could just be done and YAY...

I took off the thumb stitches and then it hit me.  Like a tonne of *BLEEP*ing bricks.  I have somehow done it again.  I don't even know how I did it.  I KNIT TWO BLOODY RIGHT HANDS.

Untitled


This has happened before.  WHICH IS WHY I THOUGHT I WAS BEING CAREFUL.  But... apparently not.  WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME BRAIN!?  I put my knitting down and away.  I keep telling myself just spend an hour ripping back to before the thumb and then picking it up and beginning again.  But my brain says "NO".  And I haven't gone back.  At least I haven't gone back yet.  I have a hard deadline for these now.  I have to go back, even though EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING SAYS "NOPE".

On the bright side, at least I didn't get all the way to the end of these before realizing the problem.  But still... *sigh*

Speaking of brighter sides.... I am now the mother of a PRESCHOOL GRADUATE.  I'm not entirely sure how the time whizzed by so quickly- but instead of wallowing in my great anguish... celebrate with me the fact that MY KID did it (WITH A SPEAKING PART IN THE CONCERT!)!

Untitled

So- that's where we're at today... hoping the weekend starts to look a little more positive for the mitten.

EDITED TO ADD- I just realized that the GIF I used to express NOPE had a big ole "F word" in it- I didn't notice it when I previewed it for my blog.  I AM SO SORRY... I try to keep this PG... my bad.

No comments: