It has been since I last bought yarn!

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spring Knitting

The weather is mildly warmer, (having said this I apologize as I'm sure I've just jinxed us for a major snow dump) and there are buds (!!!) on the bushes.  Spring is in the AIR!  And, how timely, spring seems to also be on my needles.

With Nebula good and finished, I allowed myself a week indulgence to play with the Maui Spring Fling socks.  And lo and behold... I actually finished one of them!  I even had a chance to cast on the second sock and knit through to the first pattern repeat.  Once these are blocked you'll really be able to see the lace pattern but they are just so... SPRINGY and lovely.  The yarn is also helping this feeling because a) I LOVE the colorway and b) those people over at Madelintosh make themselves some really delightful sock yarns!

IMG_1339

I didn't forget my early promise to myself to finish up a bunch of outstanding items, lest you worry, because I also brought Pink Baby Dots out of hibernation.

IMG_1329 

When last we left this project I had knit approximately 22" on it, and in just this weekend have managed to add another 2 inches already!  The pattern on this is painfully simple, but simple seems to be what I do best right now, so it's been a pleasure to get back into this project.  Not to mention the colors, (more springy-ness!) which just makes this project gorgeous.  I know... I know... it's acrylic and as a "serious knitter" I should shun all acrylics, but I just can't, because this is SO. PRETTY.  I love the little pink dots with the white yarn, it's just so delicate and feminine!

IMG_1331 

The only downside to the Dots is that, as you can see, it's not a "take away" project.  This will sit in this spot on my couch until the last stitch is knit and cast off.  I had two different dyelots of white, which meant I have to alternate rows in order to blend the whites, and hence add even more yarn to an already big pile sitting on the couch.  (I couldn't bring myself to cut the yarns after each color, I would have been weaving yarns in FOREVER so instead I have been carefully stringing them up the side.)  The upside to this lack of portability is that means Maui Fling will see progress when I get to knit outside my house.

So yes spring is in the air, AND on my needles and I continue to chug away for progress.  The April goal is simple- FINISH BOTH of these projects so that I can tackle the remaining list.  I'd still like to make summer about SOCKS- but that means getting some of these big projects out of the unfinished box!

Let's all hope this little monkey (who honest to God gets cuter and cuter everyday) keeps letting mommy pick up her needles!

Universe

 *Trying something new with the picture sizing as it seems to me that my pics look ill sized and disproportionate recently.

No comments: