It has been since I last bought yarn!

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

October Grind

It's so weird to confess this in the fall, when the weather is perfect knitting inspiration, but my knitting mojo has hit a wall.  I just don't wanna.  And so progress is moving at a snail's pace.  This happens every now and again- I just lose interest, or get so busy doing other things I get out of the habit of knitting and when I do have the time, I just can't bring myself to dig in.  And so here we are- I'm in the middle of pulling together (awesome!) Halloween costumes

Untitled
(Do not be fooled by this photo- my mother did the lions share of sewing this year... she deserves "working hard" credit!)

and planning Parker's (also awesome!) birthday in Novemember and my brain is saying "NOPE" to knitting.

I have made some mitten progress, which I guess does count for something...

Untitled

The good news is that I'm worried that I'm going to run out of yarn.  And while this is actually bad news for ME- it's good news for blog fodder because when I'm faced with somewhat sketchy yardage I tend to dig in and knit so I don't have to wait too terribly long to find out how doomed I am.  This is either going to be one of those photo finishes where there is actually very little in the way of leftovers or a blog post with a lot of wailing while I lament what I'm going to do because there isn't enough.  (oh please knitting gods... let there be enough...)

If I can get the mittens done I can start on some easier mittens for the 2 aides in Parker's class.  (I have decided that teachers get faire isle mittens, aides get cable-y mittens...)  I actually think those might get the 'ole brain back in it when it comes to finding my mojo so let's hope I can start working on those soon.

I've also managed to squeak out another hat to add to the totals so I suppose this loss of knitting mojo hasn't been a total productivity failure.

Untitled

In the meantime- while I sort of just survive October/early November- I give you a pic of a recent purchase I made that simply MUST BE OWNED BY ME.

Untitled

Kitties and Yarn.  It is like the designer of these socks said "I'm going to mass produce socks with one person in mind and one person only... NENNIE KNITS".  And viola... they made these socks.  I mean come on- the next best thing to making socks is socks with YARN AND KITTIES on them.  I will wear them proudly.  (And also out of necessity because if this lost mojo situation continues there won't be many socks I've made to actually wear.)

So there's where I'm at today.  Kind of bouncing around to a bunch of different things and places.  If you think of it- send me a little mitten mojo that I have enough yarn?  That would really help keep propelling the progress forward.

No comments: